20111128

Let's all go to the Auto Show -- Sat, Nov 26th


(L) Jenny and me waiting for lunch at Yard House before the auto show. (R) Edsel Ford's 1934 Model 40 Special Speedster. (oh, it'd be fun to drive!)


(L) Held at enormous Los Angeles Convention Center, looky-loo's taking pictures mobbed the place... and I'm sure many were drooling. I took close to 100 photos of cars myself and some of 'em I'd never heard of! Jimmy is above holding red bag with Matt behind him by the white Prius. (R) Now isn't this a cute peacock Smart Car - I'd like one of these!


(L) How about taking this 1948 Chevrolet Fleetmaster "Hot Rod Woody" for a spin around the block? (R) It was dark when we left the auto show, but the big city lights of L.A. Live turned night into day. Adjacent to Staples Center, L.A. Live is a vibrant entertainment complex of apartments, ballrooms, bars, concert theaters, restaurants, movie theaters and a 54-story hotel and condominium tower on a 27-acre site. Me and Jimmy gawked like tourists!

Cars-cars-cars - holy mackerel, we saw every kind. It would take me an hour to list all the cars we looked at. The six of us (Matt & Jen, her parents Alice & Tom, and me & Jimmy) lost contact several times during the time we spent there, but cell phones saved us. Everybody had car favorites. We had a good time, all of us, all day.

So. This was it. Our last hurrah. Our two wks in Southern California near Matt & Jen are over. Tomorrow Jimmy and I pull out of Van Nuys and drive East. Our seven-month 2011 "vacation adventure" is nearly over. I don't know what to call our traveling, but vacation adventure seems apt. Nice long vacation! Now it's time to go home, see what's happening in Daphne AL, spend time with our loved ones there. Thanksgiving - the holiday celebrated - is past. Every day we're out and about, Jimmy and I give thanks for all we have no matter where we are. So be it. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, Jimmy and I will be home within the week. Home for Christmas. It has been a very grand year! And it ain't over yet....


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you -- please leave us a note! (Comment moderation is turned on, and your comments, including anonymous comments, will be visible after they have been reviewed and published.)