20150607

Berry good days now in the first week of June, 2015


Our friends at Tumbling Creek Farm invited us to pick strawberries at the farm.  The answer, of course, was yes! We picked for us and for them ... good deal all the way around.  Jimmy and I will probably do it again before berry season is finished.  Don't like to admit it, but we were sore after hours of reaching, picking, and squatting! The haul was worth it, tho ... all those organic sweet, melt-in-your-mouth strawberries.  (I sampled a few as I moved along the rows ... part of my job )





I made "lite" strawberry jam (lots of it), plus we had fresh berries to top ice cream, and then more berries went into freezer bags!  Nice that this opportunity came when it did, as I'd just run out of last year's jam!  Perfect timing.

Here are a few funnies I lifted from one of those paper place mats you find in a cafe:  Sometimes I'll look down at my watch three consecutive times and still not know what time it is. * Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5; I know how to get out of my neighborhood. * Bad decisions make good stories. * I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to. * I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger. * How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?  And finally the laugh of the day:  * The first testicular guard, the "cup," was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974.  That means it only took 100 years for men to realize that their brain is also important!

Have a great day, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy, those berries look delicious! I have found a lady at the farmer's market in Brookings that makes very good balsamic strawberry jam. I'm almost through the jar already, and I've only had it two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great chuckles! Don't let Mui see all those strawberries, or he'll be getting up at midnight to make strawberry jam (inside joke and long story). Have gone apple picking, but never strawberries ... sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you -- please leave us a note! (Comment moderation is turned on, and your comments, including anonymous comments, will be visible after they have been reviewed and published.)