20070501

Ain't retirement grand...!


















I'd like to keep a journal of our retirement travels, and it's always good to knock out the knots before hitting the highway. So this Bloggie is a trial effort on our part. This morning we decided to ride our bikes before taking them in for service (like a car). And we wanted to bike an area in Tallahassee that we only recently discovered, along the perimeter of Piney Z Lake. We didn't know where the trail would end, but we like to explore new areas, so who cared?

When the ride was finished, we'd only put a little over nine miles on our bikes, but we found a whole new off-road territory, called J.R. Alford Greenway. (www.leoncountyfl.gov/parks). This is a 874-acre multiuse area, with miles of trails - up and down, in and out of trees and pastures. A great place to ride, tho it'd be easy to get "turned around." We didn't bring lunches with us as we hadn't planned on being out so long, so we quit around Noon. Besides, the cool morning had graduated into a hot afternoon. The temp when we cranked up the Prius was 91. HOT.

I was mistaken for a deer twice and next time you can bet I'll be covered in insect spray. The bites are huge and uncomfortable. I am obviously allergic.

We'll be back, even earlier next time, with lunches, helmets, and bug spray. Wonderful ride.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments! PLEASE leave us your name, so we don't have to guess! Thanks!