Sometimes life throws dominoes at you and you're not even aware of it till the tiles fall into place. Recently our Tergel gave us a good run. Sometime after Jimmy and I returned from our super-duper Machu Picchu/Galapagos/Ecuador trip in May, Jimmy tried to open the bedroom slide, and it wouldn't. Well, it might go halfway out, but that was it. He made an appointment with DeMartini, the local RV store, to have it repaired. Who knows why these things decide to NOT work. 

A few weeks later, Tergel went into their fix-it shop. Jimmy deflated our Sleep Number queen bed to make it easy for them to work on the slide. They couldn't find anything wrong ... the slide worked perfectly for them (and doncha hate that?). The guys lubricated the mechanisms and a few dollars later, we brought it home ... and it works perfectly for us now, too. 

In putting the bed back together, the air pump that shoots air into the dual bed bladders quit working. A call to the $leep Number people resulted in us ordering a new air pump, which came in the mail last week. It took a bit of finagling, but we managed to set it up and inflate the bladders. While the bed was deflated, I'd washed everything (except the sheets, which had been washed previously). Next came the foam mattress pad, and the mattress cover, the comforter and duvet cover. All nice and clean. I decided to rinse and refresh the sheets in the W/D, and when I took 'em out of the washer, lo and behold, I discovered a big rip down the center of the fitted sheet! New sheets are the last domino tile (we hope) to drop into place!
Funny how one thing led to another, to another, and so on. Jimmy says it's nice that something wears out before we do!
Jimmy decided to replace our Jensen TV, which wasn't working well. We don't watch much TV, but if we want to see something, it would be nice to hear it, too. The sound on that old TV was kaput. He installed a new one this week. Now we'll be ready to hit the road ....
Jimmy decided to replace our Jensen TV, which wasn't working well. We don't watch much TV, but if we want to see something, it would be nice to hear it, too. The sound on that old TV was kaput. He installed a new one this week. Now we'll be ready to hit the road ....
We went to an estate sale held nearby, and I found this not-so-little gem, above. I've never owned a food processor like this, and am actually kinda thrilled to have one now. $15.00 complete, and it works! Pretty cool. Jimmy said, "What are you going to make me?" He bought a great Sony radio/CD player at the estate sale for three bucks. It replaces his worn out hunkajunk in his shop. We'd just come from the farmer's market, which is why all those veggies are scattered on the counter.
I saw the spinal specialist yesterday. If you've wondered about my painful back, I learned that I had a compression fracture of t8 (thoracic) as the result of the bus injury in India last November. That injury also cost me almost an inch in height! The doc recommended a new round of P/T for me, which begins soon. Another option is a cortisone shot directly into the painful area. I'm going for the P/T first ....
Wow, good deal on the food processor. I have one similar. Mixed feelings about it but if you have a lot of produce to chop or grate, it is a big help.
ReplyDeleteToo bad about your back!! I hope the PT helps - I know it helped me a lot when I needed it. You don't let a darn thing slow you down, do you??
Glad everything could be fixed fairly easily. Except for your back - hope P/T works.
ReplyDeleteWhen it rains it pours ... and of course the slides worked when you took Tergel in for the slide. Just like me and doctors ... I make an appointment and suddenly I’m healthy again ;-). Good luck with the next round of P/T.
ReplyDeleteOh boy, a new kitchen helper! I use mine a lot. And we do love a bargain....
ReplyDeleteWe are having a sort of reverse issue. we are at the Winnebago Rally in Forest City ,IA. We went to service for one simple issue and now have two roof leaks and other issues to solve. I wonder in the RV is unhappy returning to its birth place:(
ReplyDeleteUh-oh, sounds like the RV wants to connect with its "peeps" in the service bay! Sorry you have to go through all this; hope it works out okay.
Delete