Jimmy and I have been at Catalina Spa and RV Resort in Desert Hot Springs for over a week, the days running together and congealing into one week of good times. It might not be important to know what today's date is if you have no appointments or schedule. We follow the weather, though, so we can decide if we do this or that, go there or stay here. Easy choices. This post shows you a little of what's been going on, besides hiking.
A fun bike ride through the back hills and gravel roads of DHS, with no particular destination, just enjoying the sunshine, and riding in places we had no idea were even there. Not a long ride, this first outing of the year, but a respectable almost-15 miles. We'll do it again soon.
This view! San Gorgonio. Our view!
Zipper sky art.
A stationary Roadrunner!
Brittlebush is beginning to flower in the desert.
Giant clumps are quite stunning.
One morning Jimmy and I and Sue and Mo drove (two cars) to Palm Springs (city next door) and walked around "downtown." A laid-back day, we enjoyed lunch at Tommy Bahamas (great salads), and people-watched, visited Marilyn again. Is that man in the black shirt looking up her dress? Shame on him! 😄
If you want a little more information about the statue,
enlarge the above pic.
I think I burned my heinie sitting beside Lucille Ball! Aieeeeee -- the bronze was heated a thousand degrees from sitting in the sun. Maybe two thousand!
Several planters on South Palm Canyon Drive were chock-a-block full of colorful posies -- poppies and more. Here we sit, mostly blocking the sight, but, heck, we enjoyed seeing them!
Sue and Mo at Palm Springs Downtown Park
in the very bright sun.
"Can't see, Aunt Bee!"
I don't know what I was thinking!
And then there's swimming. At some point every day, early or late, doesn't matter, we don our suits, grab our towels and head for the pool, where I melt, like ice cream on a hot day, blissfully, into the warm water. Nothing better.





Looks like a blast!
ReplyDeleteLooks just wonderful! Thanks for sharing! Catherine NC
ReplyDeleteI really like the idea of the swimming and the pool looks inviting. Have fun!! Pat IFM
ReplyDeleteI love the shorts and T shirts! How wonderful the sun is!! Marion
ReplyDelete