20171231

Happy New Year! 2018



Image result for new years day photos

It's that time again.  As the old year falls away, a New Year awaits ... with the promise of joys and triumphs, fresh inspiration and opportunities.  Need a resolution?  Enjoy each day to the fullest.  May we all find some extraordinary experiences in the new year.

"For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go.  I travel for travel's sake.  The great affair is to move; to feel the needs and hitches of our life more nearly; to come down off the feather-bed of civilization, and find the globe granite underfoot and strewn with cutting flints."  So sayeth Robert Louis Stevenson (master of the run-on sentence), in his book, "Travels with a Donkey in the Cévennes" (1879).  I'm not so sure about the cutting flints, but getting off the comfortable feather-bed could result in the adventure of a lifetime!  Or, changing the tune, pardon my pun, as recent Kennedy Center Honor recipient and pop singer, Gloria Estefan, belts out:  "Get on Your Feet."

Safe travels, friends, wherever you roam!

3 comments:

  1. Safe travels ... and here's to a wonderful 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2018 will be a really wonderful year, I just know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a safe and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments! PLEASE leave us your name, so we don't have to guess! Thanks!