20230623

Summer's here -- June 23, 2023

 
I'll go out on a limb here and propose that everybody knows what Dorothy repeats at the end of the 1939 flick, The Wizard of Oz -- "There's no place like home, no place like home, no place ...."  I'm not clicking my heels nor am I wearing shiny red shoes, but -- yes, indeedy -- being home feels real good.  And I must add, especially after Jimmy's medical ordeal in Portugal.  (see previous posts if you're not familiar)


Above, blooming native perennial, Rose Campion, in our backyard.
Swallowtail butterflies love the flowers.


Growing right beside the Rose Campion is Feverfew (daisies), both approximately 18" high with the same long flowering season.  These two "came with the house," as in, I didn't plant either.  Both will take over if you let them, but I yank out the unwanted clumps.  Both add lots of color!

Jimmy is three-and-a-half weeks post-op and he is truly on the road of recovery.  Surgical scar healed, catheter is gone, UTI is gone, sepsis is gone.  Upon returning home on June 8th from Portugal, he had two Emergency Room and three doctor visits!  One final "atomic bomb" antibiotic shot in the hip at the ER really set him right.  He has no stamina and is still weak (he lost a lot of weight), but he's eating and we've begun (slow) walking.  All to the good.  After the trauma his body experienced (including the looong trip home), his doctor said full recovery can take up to six months!  Nurse Ratched (me) hopes to shorten that length of time! 😄

11 comments:

  1. Yay, Jimmie and Nurse Ratched! Keep On your wise course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:37 AM

    Both of you keep up the good work!!! Healing and strength to you both. Pat (IFM) see you soon Nurse Ratched.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:52 PM

    Glad to hear he's on the mend!! Hugs to both of you!! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:39 PM

    So happy to hear Jimmie is on the mend; will say some prayers for a healthy recovery! Love Betty Adams

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:30 PM

    So glad to hear he's on the mend Nurse Rachet! Love, Diane and Tom Dog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Good news - thanks for the update. Take it easy and heal fast Jimmy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been so relieved that Jimmy is healing and you are able to enjoy the flowers of the season. It is good to be home, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:12 PM

    Glad to hear that Jimmy is on the recovery road! I really enjoy your blog.I am once again gone from NC and in Illinois for the JDCLASSIC PGA tournament! I co-chair a committee so will be here until mid July! It’s great seeing all my family and friends. Hang in there Jimmy, you are in my prayers! Life sure moves along.
    Regards, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad Jimmy is doing better. What an ordeal. After all that, it sounds great to be home. And I'm going to plant some Rose Campion. I'm trying to create a butterfly garden!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:00 AM

    Love it! Marion

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:19 AM

    So glad you are home and that Jimmy is past all the nasty stuff and recovering well. You have done a lot of roving this past year or so. Take it easy for awhile and relax enjoy home sweet home. Love, Anne

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments! PLEASE leave us your name, so we don't have to guess! Thanks!