Well, it wasn't exactly rock 'n roll, but it was a rippin' good time! Picnic & Pops Concert #2 of 3 held in Pioneer Park, Nevada City, 5-7 pm. The weather was ideal for an outdoor show, so we packed a lite supper, grabbed our chairs, and drove down the mountain.
The band numbered 148 strong because musicians from other bands were invited to participate in this one concert - that's alot of horn tootin'! The theme was "Along for the Ride," and the music selected mirrored the theme. Audience and band alike seemed to have a great good time. A few examples of the program: Tramp Tramp Tramp, The Great Locomotive Chase, Baby Elephant Walk, and - get this - Sleigh Ride. Cheryl Woldseth, conductor, donned a muffler for the latter selection and a few wits in the band pulled on Santa caps. The crowd howled!
Speaking of which, I'm sure the band was pleased with the turnout. Jimmy and I estimated 300 to 500 people of all ages enjoying this free entertainment. We tapped our feet and enjoyed our evening!
Cute band logo ... especially in the Mother Lode!
A slice of the crowd.
What's a picnic without an ice cream for dessert?
Conductor Cheryl and 148 musicians spilling out of the band shell.
Can you find Jimmy?
Finding Jimmy was like a Where's Waldo puzzle, but I think I did it. :)
ReplyDeleteYup, I thought of Where's Waldo when I typed that line. I bet you found Jimmy!
DeleteWhy yes, yes I can! I found Jimmy! Looks like a good time for all! love from NANNIE
ReplyDeleteI think I can.
ReplyDeleteI think I can !
I can.
I did.
Bro,
GRN