20120730

Today's Program: July 29th 2012


Well, it wasn't exactly rock 'n roll, but it was a rippin' good time! Picnic & Pops Concert #2 of 3 held in Pioneer Park, Nevada City, 5-7 pm. The weather was ideal for an outdoor show, so we packed a lite supper, grabbed our chairs, and drove down the mountain.

The band numbered 148 strong because musicians from other bands were invited to participate in this one concert - that's alot of horn tootin'! The theme was "Along for the Ride," and the music selected mirrored the theme. Audience and band alike seemed to have a great good time. A few examples of the program: Tramp Tramp Tramp, The Great Locomotive Chase, Baby Elephant Walk, and - get this - Sleigh Ride. Cheryl Woldseth, conductor, donned a muffler for the latter selection and a few wits in the band pulled on Santa caps. The crowd howled!

Speaking of which, I'm sure the band was pleased with the turnout. Jimmy and I estimated 300 to 500 people of all ages enjoying this free entertainment. We tapped our feet and enjoyed our evening!



Cute band logo... esp in the Mother Lode!


A slice of the crowd.


What's a picnic without an ice cream for dessert?


Conductor Cheryl and 148 musicians spilling out of the band shell.


Can you find Jimmy?

4 comments:

  1. Finding Jimmy was like a Where's Waldo puzzle, but I think I did it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I thought of Where's Waldo when I typed that line. I bet you found Jimmy!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous7:16 AM

    Why yes, yes I can! I found Jimmy! Looks like a good time for all! love from NANNIE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:25 AM

    I think I can.
    I think I can !
    I can.
    I did.

    Bro,
    GRN

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you -- please leave us a note! (Comment moderation is turned on, and your comments, including anonymous comments, will be visible after they have been reviewed and published.)